Friday 5 February – Monday 5 April
From Friday 5 February until Sunday 5 April, there will be major impacts to services on the Fremantle Line, including several line closures and reduced services operating in order to facilitate works as part of METRONET’s Claremont Station Project.
Services will be affected as follows:
- Evening Friday 5 – last service Sunday 7 February (Full Line)
- First service Monday 8 – last service Tuesday 9 February (Half-Line*)
- Evening Friday 26 – last service Sunday 28 February (Full Line)
- Evening Saturday 3 – last service Monday 5 April (Full Line).
Train replacement buses will operate during line closures.
*Half-Line closures – trains run Perth to Showgrounds with train replacement buses operating between Karrakatta and Fremantle.
Train replacement buses do not stop at Showgrounds Station.
Claremont Station Closure
Claremont Station will be closed for this entire period.
The closest operating station to Claremont will be Showgrounds Station, which is approximately 700 metres away.
There will be reduced services at all times outside of the dates mentioned above when line closures are in place.
Fremantle to Showgrounds stations:
- Trains run on a reduced 30 minute frequency
- Passengers required to transfer at Cottesloe Station
- Some services from Perth will terminate at Showgrounds Station
- Claremont Station closed to train services.
There will also be changes to platforms during the disruptions so trains may not depart from their usual platform.
If you are unsure which platform your service will depart from, please plan your journey using the JourneyPlanner or call the Transperth InfoLine on 13 62 13.
If you require special assistance, please call 1800 800 022 at least an hour before you travel.
Please visit the Transperth Website for full details on how you may be affected.
Alternatively you can contact the Transperth InfoLine on 13 62 13 (TIS: 13 14 50). Hearing or speech impaired? Call via NRS 133 677 and ask for 13 62 13.